Chairman: Ella Tuazon
FUNCTIONS of the Scholarship Committee:
Assist members in seeking financial assistance for further education in nursing.
Establish criteria for selecting recipients of the Nursing Scholarship Awards.
Screen and recommend applicants for scholarship awards to the Executive Board.
PNASA Scholarship Award Procedure
1. Secure an application form from the PNASA Scholarship Committee or from our
2. Complete the application form and enclose all the following in your application packet:
a. One “passport” size (2 x 2) photo (not required of applicants who have received the award previously).
b. Official transcript of record including pre-nursing and nursing coursework.
c. Proof of current enrollment.
d. A printed word processed essay, not less than 500 words. (About your personal and professional goals).
e. A copy of letter of endorsement from two individuals. One of whom must be
from a former clinical instructor/academic professor and a personal reference not related to you.
3. Inquires and mailing of complete application packet must send to:
Ella Tuazon, BSN, RN
Chairman, Scholarship Committee
18819 Turtle Cove
San Antonio, TX 78255
4. Deadline for submission of applications: ANYTIME during the semester. Early
applications during each semester are strongly encouraged. PNASA reserves the right to limit the number of awardees per semester.
5. Applicants will be notified of the results of the application and if applicable date of
award presentation approximately 30 days after receipt of the application.
Note: All application requirements must be submitted at the same time. Applicant with incomplete application packets will have all items returned and notified in writing of their application status.